Lindsey teaches in many venues and a variety of formats:
She is an adjunct professor at Austin Community College and teaches Introduction to Children’s Literature in the Spring Semesters.
Also, as a regular faculty member for the Writer’s League of Texas, she has taught classes like: Crafting Beginnings That Hook The Reader and Writing Scenes That Go Bam Instead Of Blah, Blah, Blah.
- The Writing Course: This is an advanced seven-month class, co-taught with Shelli Cornelison, for writers who are working on a specific project.
- School Presentations: Lindsey loves to do author visits and offers a wide array of presentations from Pre-K through college. Really.
- Skype Dialogues: Lindsey offers a free fifteen-minute author visit to your classroom via Skype.
- Mentoring: Lindsey asks for a six-month commitment and specific goals with a minimum of monthly check-ins.
- Individual Critiques: Lindsey is happy to critique your manuscript or give you a referral to a colleague better suited to your manuscript.
Please contact Lindsey for more information about any of these classes. Check out this blog post for her teaching philosophy.
Please don’t ask writers to come to your school for free. Writing is their livelihood, and teaching or creating presentations about writing is one of the ways they make ends meet.
That said, Lindsey is happy to design a program that will fit the specific needs of your school or classroom and your budget. The most basic and important aspect of her programs is to foster a love of reading, writing and language. Please contact her or The Booking Biz about fees and availability.
Also, there a number of creative ways to fund a school visit. The Writers League of Texas sponsors Project Wise, an initiative that sends authors in Austin area schools at no cost to the school. Call 512-499-8914. Check out these amazing tips from The Booking Biz and the The Cooperative Children’s Book Center about ways to fund and prepare for an author’s visit.